Apparently, one American in 20 does not believe we went to the Moon. One in 10 does not believe we have ever been in Space. A similar number believe that the Earth is flat (and that the Eater Bunny is real too, I guess).
All the interest in space has brought all the nut cases out of the woodwork.
Some really are just nutty. I guess they actually believe it was all a conspiracy and a fake, filmed by Kubrick just like the film Capricorn One.
I don’t know why people listen to these folk. They talk nonsense. Just because you can say it, doesn’t mean it’s true. Here are some arguments the Discovery Channel is using to suggest it’s a fake:
- the flag blows in the wind on the “Moon”
- man would die when pasing through the van Allen belts
- America couldn’t trust the astronauts to complete the task so they faked it
- Wernher von Braun was a Nazi so we didn’t go to the Moon
- there is no real evidence of going to the Moon
- if they had gone into space, where are all the pictures of the Earth?
- you can’t see anything on the Moon that proves we went
and so on.
I don’t know why the media give these stupid people the time of day. It’s a failing of our educational system that folk believe in nonsensical things.
Mythbusters categorically disproved every popular fake theory a few years ago. I am sure you can find it and others on YouTube.
And ask yourelf this question. Why would they fake it? It would need hundreds of thousands of people to be in on the conspiracy and for all of them never to admit such a fake existed.